I have done a few trials last night at my other domain name getting ready to migrate my main site to Habari.
I used shell to checkout latest svn 745 to a new folder named ‘hdr02’. I forgot to enable php5 at that domain name so copied the .htaccess file from this domain there. Creating the folder first was a bad move because I should have created a new subdomain for it first. This was later fixed by pointing the subdomain to that subfolder under ‘public_html’ in cpanel. It worked. This installation was smooth but just before the site was shown there appeared a long page of error right ahead of the K2 theme, that was weird. Navigating in dashboard was OK and I uploaded plugins and themes I wanted. Next was importing from WP, some 8xx posts. That took a while with lots of errors but at the end of the import the page was cleared. This didn’t surprise me as I saw similar thing before while importing but that was just a flash due to a much smaller size database.
This site is
here (now taken down) which is broken as pagination isn’t working and some pages are lost. I took a screenshot of the errors I saw during import.
I decided to repeat the excercise above the proper way, i.e.
- Create a new subdomain h745
- shell checkout svn 745 to this subfolder
- Run Habari installation (still seeing errors ahead of the k2 theme, oops forgot to take a screenshot!)
- Import from a WP site (found same imorting errors or to be exact WARNINGS)
here (now taken down) is also broken due to pagination not working. Again some pages are gone.
Investigation goes on!