In the last few days I had to do 3rd installation of ubuntu. It was too greedy of me attempting to change screen resolution again. It was simply not possible because if the VIA/S3 display couldn’t display 1440×900 in Windows it won’t do it in ubuntu.
Anyway it was good to have another practice of installing LAMP stack. The only new experience was the installation of phpmyadmin who took me a while.
I checked that mod_rewrite and PDO driver for mysql were there before I attempted installation of Habari. It didn’t work to my surprise. Later found that it was a broken revision, I updated mine to r940 then it was OK. I also installed the latest svn r6173 of WordPress. This is pretty new for WordPress.