Pretty comfortable at command line now but still a lot to learn. I could type pretty fast that is helping.
Yesterday I wrongly checked out the ‘trunk’ folder in the folder I want set up for WP. This checkout command here isn’t quite correct. So I learnt how to remove the entire wrong folder with content in it. I used
rm -rf to get rid of the entire folder with subfolders and content.
I haven’t done one fresh install for months so it was nice to see improvement at it. The Ajax thing stopped me and I had to amend the apache2 conf file to make it work.
chmod g+w suggested in wiki didn’t work I have to make it ‘777’ to complete the install.